The ‘Bandstand’

I know very little about the Grandstand. In fact, towards the beginning of the week I was calling it by the wrong name, ‘The Bandstand’, and therefore had no idea of its actual purpose and location, let alone its historical value. I have never visited the site, only coming into contact with it when driving past into Lincoln. My flatmates and I believed it to be a football stadium… not too far off I guess! During the week I have heard various information surrounding the Grandstand, my favourite being of it’s resident ghost. I wonder if, with further research, this could be an interesting starting point for our project?

The uncertainty of the module itself makes me rather anxious, so I’ve been trying to find ways of channelling my anxiety into possible ideas; uncertainty within our performance could work well in our favour, hence the mentioning of possible hauntings/spirits etc. The building (from pictures) appears to be quite isolated, and with our traditional, ‘beautiful’ English weather prowling over the site I imagine it can sometimes appear severely ominous. However, I am extremely excited to pay my first visit to the stand with a small group of others later this week, and to see whether my derelict vision of the Grandstand drastically changes.