What I know, with thanks to my Great Uncle.

I must first make an admission that I mentioned the project to my great uncle at his golden wedding anniversary. Following this, the historical database of Lincoln which is my uncle’s brain began to reel off facts about the grandstand, therefore if and of these ramblings have added to my knowledge I do apologise.

The first thing I know, as I suppose is common knowledge, is the fact that the grandstand originally was where spectated watched the races that took part on the track which ran between the Grandstand and the A57, with the road’s closure necessary so that a race could take place.

I also know that it eventually closed in the mid 1960’s and the race that was held there moved to Doncaster.

Another thing that I am aware of is that it is now a community centre which charges ‘about 18 quid an hour’ for room hire. (Credit to my great uncle there)

It has a metal fence of some kind around what would be the spectator area.

It is situated to the west of Lincoln.

Its about 2 minutes 25 seconds walk from my house.

There are always cars in the car park.

There have, over the past two years been planned upgrades to the building, first interior then exterior, costing the council ‘about hundred and fifty grand’. (He would probably like me to add that he knows that’s a lot of money and he wonders if ‘they ever did owt ‘cus he can’t see a difference’)

That, is all.